I am constantly rushing around, and I am really, really tired. The work week goes something like this:
Monday:
5:30 Batu calls out for "Mommy." I'm usually awake about 5 minutes before the "call" and every morning I hope and pray that it will be quiet, for the next hour.
5:45 I climb into Batu's bed for the possibility of more sleep.
6:30 We get up, go downstairs and watch a little t.v.(very bad, I know, but it's only for 20 minutes). While Batu watches Dora, I get the nebulizer ready and make coffee. We do the neb for 10 minutes, change into clothes, and start to make breakfast.
And if you are wondering what my wonderful husband is doing during this time, the answer is SLEEPING. That's right. Ozan snoozes until Ayla wakes up, usually around 7am. More on this later. Grrr.
7:00 Batu eats breakfast, sometimes with a few bouts of whining about wanting only milk, or his latest rant about wanting to play with money (real money! dirty. gross.)
In the meantime, Ayla is awake and Ozan gets her bottle ready and feeds her. I say good morning.
7:30 Clean up, try to get Batu tp use the potty.I get ready for work in about 10 minutes.
Ayla sits in the little co-sleeper in our bedroom while Ozan does his morning rituals.
7:45 I put Batu in the car and head off to daycare.
Say goodmorning to daycare teachers, and kiss Batu goodbye.
8:00 Wait for express bus to go to work
Sometime between now and 9:00 Ozan takes Ayla to daycare and drives to work
8:30-4:30 Work
4:45 Wait for express bus (which drops me off in front of the daycare)
5:20 Pick up Batu and Ayla
5:45 Get home. Unload car, get mail. Change clothes. Feed Ayla. Feed Batu. Manage occasional temper tantrums and other bad, end of the day behavior. Convince Batu that vegetables are really, really good for him. Dream about collapsing into bed for the next 10 hours. Sometimes dream about sneaking off to a deserted island for a week.
6:30 Ozan gets home. Play with kids for 15 minutes
6:45 Start the nighttime routines.
7:00 Ayla Bath
7:15 Batu Bath, Ayla Bottle
7:30 Ayla is in bed
8:00 Batu is in bed
8:30 I dream about going to the gym. Instead, I clean kitchen, get Ozan's dinner ready, check work email, and maybe watch some t.v., or blog.
10:00 I am in bed
Repeat above for the next 4 days.
1 comment:
When Lucy was a 6 month old and Henry was 3 was *the hardest time of my life* -- worse than when we lived on Lothian Rd. with the roaches.
Is there a way to introduce some kind of small, routine break for yourself into your week? Or get a cleaning lady? Or ask Ozan to make dinner a few times a week or take over bed time for Batu?
Every mom makes incredible sacrifices, and we all know it's a huge change. But you deserve a break to go to a yoga class or meet a friend for coffee on Sunday mornings.
End of rant. Hang in there.
Post a Comment