My little Batu has slowly evolved from a terrible eater, to a picky eater, to a good eater. For those of you with kids that eat well, count your blessings. We've struggled with Batu's bad eating habits for the last 2 1/2 years. Imagine trying to hunt down chicken nuggets in Turkey! I've done it. Though I still long for the day when I can make one family meal, at least now I have options. Let me review some of the staples, and a few recent "new additions" to Batu's discerning palate:Old Favorites:
grilled cheese
pancakes
scrambled eggs
oatmeal
fish sticks
mac and cheese
pasta with butter
grilled carrots
cinnamon raisin bread
cream cheese
pizza
pears
apples
watermelon
muffins
ice cream
chocolate
grapes
New Likes:
peanut butter (hurrah!)
strawberry jam
ketchup
hot dogs
mandarin oranges
sweet potato fries
cereal with milk
Dora chicken soup
bananas
veggie sticks
cheese ravioli
corn
Still Working On:
Chicken
Red Meat
salmon
Mixing different foods together (like pasta with veggies, stir fry)
rice (he likes to pick the orzo out of the rice pilaf)
cold cut sandwich
mashed potatoes
tomatoes
peppers
broccoli (I know, who eats this?)
roasted potatoes
Ok, so maybe that doner kebab is a few years away, but I am one happy momma to have reached this pinnacle in Batu's short, but ever growing food repertoire
1 comment:
Way to go Batu! Give him a few more years and he'll be trying everything in sight. Meanwhile Lucy will be hunting down her own chicken nuggets while in college...
Post a Comment