Thursday, December 3, 2009

comedy of errors

This pumping thing is for the birds. Just as Ayla fell asleep after nursing, I got a call from the oil company saying they would come by to clean out our burner within the hour. Great! In the meantime, my mom is en route to visit me. My plan was to wait until my mom got here in about 15 minutes so I can pump, not wanting to risk pumping if the oil guy showed up. As luck would have it, my mom called saying she was stuck in gridlock traffic on 128N. So, I decided to risk pumping for 10 minutes thinking, "what are the chances the guy shows up?" I had to put a note on our door with my cell phone # because our doorbell does not work. So, about 4 minutes into pumping, I see the oil guy pull into my driveway. Is someone playing a nasty trick on me?

No comments: