Monday, March 16, 2009

monkey business

Batu used to have this fond affection for his little monkey stuffed animal (appropriately named "monkey"), to the point of cuddling with him in his crib. In fact Ozan and I were really surprised that Batu warmed up to a lovie because he's not a cuddly type of kid. Now he has developed this love/hate relationship where he tosses and flings monkey around in the crib, and then eventually stands up and tosses "monkey" out of the crib and whines, "My monkey." Since I am still sitting in the rocking chair until he settles down to sleep (more on that later), I have been picking monkey up and giving it back to Batu. A few nights this stupid game went on for far too long to the point where I had to mysteriously remove monkey until Batu fell asleep. Oh the little games we play!

On another note, we're less than 36 hours until tube day. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

No comments: