Thursday, February 12, 2009

delayed

Well, as I suspected we didn't have the surgery yesterday. The anesthesiologist thought B had too much going on and wanted to wait a month. After coming off a week long GI virus, B still had a rash all over his arms and legs and was absolutely miserable yesterday morning leading up to the surgery appointment. He vomited the night before the surgery at 2am (not sure why, maybe reflux?), then only slept for three hours. We forced him to drink pedialyte from 6am - 7am then stopped (per the "no liquid 3 hours before surgery" rule). He cried the entire morning asking for milk and crackers. I felt like we were torturing him. Our new date is March 18th.

On the Kandamar home front, my parents are now stricken with this nefarious GI thing. I'm more worried about my mom given she is almost done with her treatments at Dana Farber and this could derail everything. Things have to get better, right?

I took B to the walk-in clinic this morning to look at his rash and puffy eyes. She diagnosed the rash as viral and called it something long and nasty. She said the puffy, swollen eyes was "all related" to the rash. In a few years, I will be a pro at self diagnosis for children and will save our family a lot of co-payments.

1 comment:

Em said...

What's going on with your mom?