reflections on my life as a working mother of a toddler, a wife, a daugher, and a person who somewhere along the way, lost her mind
Monday, January 12, 2009
tubes and adenoids, another fun day for the Kandamar's
Both our pediatrician and now the ENT are recommending ear tubes and adenoid removal for Batu. We went ahead and made an appt for his surgery for Feb 11th. He's had four ear infections since August, and about five or six colds and sinus infections. I think we were in denial at first, but now I've come to the realization that this procedure will really help him. I'm really worried about the general anesthesia though. I feel so guilty when I'm with him, knowing this is coming up and he has no idea! He's on his latest, and hopefully last round of antibiotics before the procedure. Ozan keeps reminding me that his family has a history of enlarged adenoids. Both Ozan and his mom are persistent snorers, and Batu is known to snore up a storm every now and then. I wonder when we'll be ready for the next one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If it's any comfort to you, Batu should be young enough that he won't remember the surgery. Hope it goes well and does really help him.
We are hopeful and think it's the best option for long term relief --too many antibiotics and sleepless nights!
Post a Comment