reflections on my life as a working mother of a toddler, a wife, a daugher, and a person who somewhere along the way, lost her mind
Saturday, January 17, 2009
the "n" word
Last week Batu did something really strange. We were playing in the living room when he suddenly walked over to the couch, grabbed a pillow, put it on the floor and lay down. Then he looked up at me and said, "Nap." He lay still for a few seconds and said it again. Then again. I assumed he learned this in daycare since the toddlers take a scheduled nap everyday. With this new discovery, I decided to try a little experiment. I usually sit in Batu's room for about 10 minutes after I put him down in his crib at night. Then I go downstairs until he falls asleep, which can take up to 1/2 hour sometimes. Last night, I sat in the chair and waited a few minutes. Then in soft voice, I said, "shh, nap, nap." After five minutes, it was totally quiet. I walked over to the crib and he was asleep. I repeated the "n" word again this evening and he was asleep in 10 minutes. Is his my child or an impostor?
Labels:
sleep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment