Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 - not a fan yet

here's an account of what has not gone right so far this year (with a little snapshot of more wrongness from the close of 2009):

Dec 19th: Batu started vomiting at 4pm, just two hours before Ozan and I were planning to go to a neighborhood "adult" party (and drink a lot)

Dec 20th: Batu continues to vomit and I learn that water makes you vomit even more

Dec 21: Batu does not vomit and munches on teddy grahams all day. Ozan vomits at approximately 10:18 pm. I think, "Am I next?"

Dec 22: I vomit at 6:22 am. Ozan decides he feels better and goes to work, leaving me stranded on the couch with an infant and a dehydrated toddler. My mom comes by to help (save me) at 10 am. Batu vomits again at 6:30 pm

Dec 23: My mom calls to tell me, yes, you guessed it, she vomited.

Dec 24: Recovery for all

Dec 25: Merry Frikin' Christmas

Dec 30: Batu has 102 fever

Dec 31: Batu has 104.5 fever

Jan 1: Batu's gums are inflamed and bleeding and complains of hurting mouth. I call the doctor who advises to go to the walk-in clinic the next day. Genius! Happy Frikin New Year

Jan 2: Go to doctor. Batu is diagnosed with herpes gingivostomatitis - translation - fever blisters of the mouth and gums. Get prescription for Zovirax and rush to pharmacy.

Jan 3-8: Recovery and Batu gets addicted to banana flavored oral Zovirax as he continually reminds me, "Mom, it's time for my medicine."

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm not sure there's anything worse than giving your parents the stomach flu at Christmas (which we've done) except maybe finding out your kids got herpes in his mouth.

2010 owes us. Where do you want to go to collect?

Lucy was about to return to school today, literally walking to the bus stop (sweet freedom) when the diarrhea returned.